Call for papers
School of Law, Mody University of Science and Technology Lakshmangarh – 332311, Distt. Sikar (Raj.) is organizing a National Seminar on ‘Women Empowerment, Gender Justice and the Role of Law – Inequalities Re-examined (an Indian Perspective)’ (Friday, 29th November) in collaboration with Rajasthan Education Trust, Jaipur. A Lecture Series in the name of Late Smt. Shakuntala Agrawal, First Female Advocate of the state of Rajasthan.) The objectives of the Seminar: The U. N. Millennium Development Goals, 2000 have designated ‘to promote gender equality and empower women’; as one of the eight goals to be achieved by all the world states. As a result of which all world governments are trying their best to attain this goal by 2030. The seminar will seek to encourage equality among both sexes and eradicate unhealthy practices prevailing in the society against women taking into consideration present laws and judicial trends.
1. Role of Judiciary in empowering the women in India.
2.Challenges and issues in Journey of women empowerment.
3. Legislation and Administrative measures vis-a-vis women empowerment.
4. The genesis of growing crimes against women.
5. Legal standards and policies for the welfare of women.
6. Women empowerment– Myth or Reality.
7. Women empowerment – Gender Justice and Human Rights issues.
8. International Law, gender justice and women empowerment.
9. Socio-political problems and challenges relating to women empowerment.
10. Personal laws and Gender Justice.
11. Status of Women under old scriptures.
12. All women rights are human rights.
13. Role of education in empowering women.
14. Role of women in the protection of the environment.
15. Literature and women empowerment.
16. Constitution of Indian and Gender Justice.
17. Rights and Status of Transgender.
18. Human rights of Female prisoners.
19. Indian Criminal Law and Rights of an accused female.
20. Surrogacy, witchcraft and Clinical Trials.
1. Resettlement, Rehabilitation and female compensatory jurisprudence.
22. Social Legislation and Gender Justice.
23. Legal Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation.
24. Human Dignity vis-à-vis the right to make Choices, Marital Rape and Sexual Harassment at Work Place.
Abstract/Paper Submission Guidelines: The abstract including title, not more than 5 key words, and text should be no longer than 300 words. Kindly give at least three keywords for your abstract in an alphabetical format. Along with the abstract kindly send your Name, Designation, Institutional affiliation, Office address, email id and phone number.
Formatting Requirements:- · The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5. · The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing 1.0 · One inch margins should be maintained on all four sides. · Citation style: bluebook, 19th Edition. · The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words, (excluding the footnotes/end notes/annexure/reports etc). · All the abstract submission are to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010/2013/2019. Full paper has to be submitted in pdf. Students, Academicians, Faculty members, social media professionals, interested research scholars and postgraduate students are encouraged to participate and send their abstracts on or before Saturday 23rd November 2019 to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (Please give the subject as Abstract for (SOL National Seminar 2019 ). Maximum One Co-Author is allowed subject to separate registration.
1. Last Date for Abstract submission: Saturday 23rd November 2019
2. Acceptance notification of shortlisted abstract: Monday 25th November 2019
3. Last date for registration and confirmation for participation: Wednesday, 27th November 2019
4. Full Paper Submission of the selected abstract: Wednesday, 27th November 2019
5. Seminar Commences: Friday, 29th November 2019
Students: Rs. 250/-
Research Scholars Rs. Rs. 250/-
Advocates/Academicians Rs. 400/-
On Spot Registration: Rs. 500/-
Date: November 29, 2019 Time: 9.30 a.m.
Place : Sangeet Samrat Tansen Sabhagar (Mini Auditorium)
Account Details- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “MUST-School of Legal Studies” Payable at Lakshmangarh Sikar and must be sent to Dean, School of Law, Mody University of Science and Technology. Registration fee by demand draft must reach on or before Thursday 28th November 2019. For NEFT/ RTGS Bank : Oriental Bank of Commerce Branch : Lakshmangarh – 332311, Distt. – Sikar (Raj.) A/C no. : 11932091000057 (SB A/c) IFSC Code : ORBC0101193
To confirm the registration, the scanned copy of the demand draft/acknowledgement copy of online transfer and transaction no. must be emailed to solseminar2019@modyuniversity.
Convener of the Seminar: Prof. Satish C. Shastri, Dean, School of Law
Secretary of the Seminar: Dr. Aseem Chandra Paliwal, Associate Professor, School of Law (7351044600, 9410618735)